Announcements for Thursday, December 10, 2020
Today is Thursday, December 10, 2020
- Christmas Week continues today in the courtyard. Come on out to take a ride on Blitzen the Bucking Reindeer.
- Tomorrow during second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks as well as the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best on Friday throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); Students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes; Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.
- The deadline for the Christmas Door Decoration Contest has been extended until tomorrow. Wrapping paper is still available in the Student Council Office (Room 113).
- Remember Friday is the last day to collect toys for the Toys For Tots drive. Get those new unwrapped toys in to give some children the chance to have a Christmas which wouldn’t be possible without you. This is the time to be Men for Others.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the beginning of each lunch period. First lunch will meet in Room 316. Second lunch will meet in Room 407.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of both lunches in Room 334.
- The Asian Club will meet today after school in Room 111.
- The 8th grade soccer team hosts Rummel this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:00. The JV game follows at 5:15, while the 9th grade game is set to begin at 6:45.
- The 9th grade basketball team will play at Chalmette this afternoon starting at 5:00.
- Seniors: Today is the final deadline to submit Counseling Request Forms for any school you are applying to. Please submit all forms by the end of the day as they will not be accepted after 3:30pm.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses for the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses for the semester to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses for the semester to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling