Announcements for Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Today is Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- The varsity football team will face Brother Martin in a state quarterfinal playoff game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. A limited amount of pre-sale tickets will be made available for purchase at the switchboard Wednesday through Friday from 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Tickets for adults, students, and children are $10.00 each.
- Students interested in trying out for the varsity bowling team will need to attend tryouts tomorrow afternoon at 3:50 at Colonial Lanes in Harahan.
- All 10th and 11th graders will be able to access their PSAT scores online starting Tuesday, Dec. 8th. Students should log in to or create an account with the College Board to view and print scores by going to the following link: https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/home. More detailed information about accessing PSAT scores can be found on the Guidance Canvas page.
- All students planning to attend the March for Life should attend a meeting Friday at the beginning of each lunch period in Room 407. All who cannot attend should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- The Fencing Club will have its first official meeting after school on Friday outside the library. New members are welcome.
- Due to open house, there will be no PH today. All PHs scheduled to be served on Wednesday, are to be served on Friday.
- On Saturday, December 12 Jesuit will partner with the Pontchartrain Conservancy to plant cypress trees in a St. Bernard Parish marsh. We will get to and from the site via airboats. Any students interested in participating should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up.
- Special Toys for Tots Announcement: It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts and probably more so this year because of the situation with COVID. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through Dec. 11. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys and a flyer has been placed in all teachers’ mailboxes. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. A minimum of 1 toy per student is required to qualify. The drive only lasts until Dec. 11, so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.