Announcements for Monday, November 16, 2020
Today is Monday, November 16, 2020
- A limited amount of Jesuit student-only pre-sale tickets for Saturday’s varsity football game vs. Rummel at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 11:00 a.m. will be made available for purchase today and on Tuesday during the lunch periods in the student commons. The price of a Jesuit student-only ticket is $5.00. Tuesday is the final day that tickets will be held for students. Any remaining tickets available for purchase will go on general sale on Wednesday-Friday.
- Yearbook Club will meet after school today in room 419.
- The JV football team will host Rummel this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00.
- The Astronomy Club will have a brief informal meeting during ten minute break tomorrow. New members are welcome.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the state championship meet on Tuesday afternoon at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches starting at 2:45.
- We will have school Masses in the 3rd floor chapel this Wednesday and Thursday.
- We will have football Mass in the 3rd floor chapel this Friday at 3:20.
- Admission representatives from Belmont Abbey College and Quincy University will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- The basketball team defeated Lakeshore High School 59-52 last night. Senior Patrick Lavie led all scorers with 16, Junior Matthew Knight had 15, and Sophomore Jack Lo added 10. Josh Washington pulled down 11 rebounds on the night.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football Team as they throttled the Hahnville Tigers, 47-21, last Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium. Offensively the Jays were led by Senior Receiver Luke Besh who had 6 catches for 255 yards and 2 touchdowns. Senior Receiver Max Milano also scored 2 touchdowns while hauling in 2 scoring receptions including one that was for an 89 yard touchdown that was the longest in school history! Defensively, the Jays were led by the secondary where Senior Cornerback Haden Morris and Sophomore Safety Jake Cannizzaro both had interceptions. Senior Linebacker Walker Maninno had a defensive touchdown to round out the scoring.