Announcements for Friday, October 23, 2020
Today is Friday, October 23, 2020
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- All freshmen are to report to the auditorium at the start of their respective lunch periods today for a class level meeting with Coach Songy. Do not miss this meeting.
- The varsity football team will face St. Augustine on Sunday afternoon at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 1:30 p.m. Updated civic guidelines now permit us to make 250 additional tickets available for purchase. Tickets are $10.00 each for adults, students, and children and will be sold at the switchboard until 4:00 this afternoon. Note that no tickets will be available for purchase at the gate.
- The 9th grade football team will host St. Augustine on Saturday morning at John Ryan Stadium starting at 10:30.
- The 8th grade football team will host Newman on Saturday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 1:00.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Jack Schommer Invitational on Saturday morning in City Park starting at 8:55. The jv race follows at 9:45.
- Soccer tryouts for the JV and Varsity soccer teams only will begin on Monday, Oct. 26. Soccer tryouts for the 8th and 9th Grade teams will begin on Monday, Nov. 2. All tryouts will be held at the soccer fields on Marconi Drive in City Park. Tryouts will start at 3:30 and finish at 5:15.
- All sophomores are to report to the auditorium at the start of their respective lunch period on Monday, October 26, for a class level meeting with Coach Songy. Do not miss this meeting.
- Juniors: Jesuit may nominate one student for the Carson Scholarship, worth $1000. Competitive applicants should have a 4.3 GPA or above with strong community engagement. If you are interested, the application to be considered is in your College Counseling Class on Canvas and is due Friday, Nov. 6.
- Admission representatives from University of Rochester and Colorado College will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Coach’s Comment: All students are responsible for the cleanliness of our campus. Trash, especially during the lunch periods is being ignored. Please handle your own trash properly at all times. Privileges will be taken away from you if the campus remains in the state in which it was left on Wednesday and Thursday.