Announcements for Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Today is Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- This Wednesday, October 14th, is the PSAT for sophomores and juniors. There is no school for pre-freshmen, freshmen, and seniors that day. 10th and 11th grades are reminded to bring an approved calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their testing rooms in full school uniform by 7:45 a.m. Students will be alphabetically assigned to testing rooms. Please see the Guidance page on Canvas for a complete listing of the testing rooms and other important information about the PSAT. 10th and 11th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Please contact your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- Our Annual PSAT Prep Rally (now a socially distanced giveaway) for Juniors and Sophomores will take place today during both lunches in the courtyard. Pass by for some brain food, pencils, and motivation for tomorrow’s test.
- A limited amount of Jesuit student-only pre-sale tickets for Saturday afternoon’s varsity football game vs. Holy Cross at SLU will be made available for purchase today during the lunch periods in the student commons. The price of a Jesuit student-only ticket is $5.00. Today is the last day that tickets will be held for students. Any remaining tickets available for purchase will go on general sale later this week.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day to celebrate the 101st meeting between Jesuit and Holy Cross on the gridiron. Go back to the future for Friday’s Blue and White Day by wearing a previous year’s rivalry gameday shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- All Freshmen that were on the 8th grade baseball team last year should meet with Coach Goodlett today at the beginning of lunch on the second floor of the Roussel building.
- The swimming team will face Holy Cross in a dual meet this afternoon at Bissonet starting at 4:30.
- The golf team will face Holy Cross this afternoon at Bayou Oaks starting at 4:00.
- Beach Volleyball practice will be held today and tomorrow at 4:30 at White Sands. Please see Mrs. Catalano if you have any questions.
- Paintball club will have its first meeting this Thursday during the first half of each lunch in the auditorium. Information will be given about the club’s first outing. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions.
- Admission representatives from Franklin and Marshall College and University of Arkansas will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.