Announcements for Monday, October 5, 2020
Today is Monday, October 5, 2020
First Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Science and Theology. Tomorrow’s exams are English, Biology II, Chemistry II, Computer Science, and Speech.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time. Students should maintain 6 ft of physical distancing when outside the classroom, in the courtyard, Commons, cafeteria, and in the hallways.
- The varsity football team will play Brother Martin this Saturday at 7pm at Hoss Memtsas stadium. $5 student tickets are available today at the switchboard until 1 pm. Members of the varsity football team, band, and cheerleaders can purchase their parent tickets until 1pm today at the switchboard. All unsold student tickets will be sold as $10 regular admission tickets starting on Wednesday at the switchboard.
- Coaches Comment: Academic dishonesty is a serious offense…do not cheat.
- Jesuit’s Cross Country pack attack is back. The Jays defeated defending state champion Catholic and other district and state rivals at Highland Park this weekend in Baton Rouge. Freshman Michael Vocke and senior Jack Wallace led the pack while freshman Lucas Sampedro, junior Morgan Hebert, and sophomore Jack DesRoches closed out the scoring. All five runners ran 3 miles in just under 16:00, finishing 14 seconds apart from each other. Sophomore Patrick Dowd and senior Donovan Musser ran 6 and 7 closely behind pack.
- Congrats to the JV football team for their 24-6 victory over Brother Martin this past Saturday at John Ryan Stadium. Freshman Bo Perez threw 2 touchdowns, both to Junior receiver Matthew Reeder. Junior Matt Laforge also scored on a rushing touchdown and Freshman Patrick Berrigan added another. Defensively, the young Jays were led by Junior Kaleb Tolbert and Sophomore Nick Jacobs who both had key interceptions.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Blue Jays on their dominating 45-6 victory over the Helen Cox Cougars this past Friday at Hoss Memstas Stadium. Offensively, the Jays were lead by Senior Wide Receiver Luke Besh who had 3 receiving touchdowns and Senior Quarterback Luke Laforge who passed for 3 touchdowns while rushing for another. Senior Running back Jordan Hughes and Junior Quarterback Jack Larrieviere also had rushing touchdowns. Defensively the Jays forced three turnovers including interceptions by Dominic Loguidice and Senior Dillon Faust, who returned his interception 48 yards and a touchdown.