Announcements for Friday, October 2, 2020
Today is Friday, October 2, 2020
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The varsity football team will open its season tonight vs. Helen Cox at Hoss Memtsas Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Adult, student, and children tickets are $10.00 each. There is no pre-sale for this non-district contest as tickets will be available for purchase only at the gate. Ticket sales begin at 5:30. Note that the stadium capacity allows for a limited amount for seating.
- The varsity football team will play Brother Martin next Saturday night at 7pm at Hoss Memtsas. There are a limited number of tickets available for this game. Student tickets will be sold this today during lunch in the Commons for $5. There is a one student, one ticket policy. Note that this is likely the only opportunity students will have to purchase game tickets for next Saturday’s game. There will be no tickets sold at the gate. Also, football players, band members, and cheerleaders are allotted two $10 parent tickets which will be sold today during lunch. These tickets as well any remaining student tickets will also be sold on Monday from 10-12 at the switchboard. After Monday the remaining tickets will be released for sale to the general public starting on Wednesday at the switchboard.
- Attention Sailors and students interested in learning how to sail. The sailing club meets after school on Wednesday’s in front of the Southern Yacht Club. If you are a returning sailor or new to Jesuit Sailing, please stop by Room 204 anytime on Thursday or Friday to sign up and receive an information packet. For students who are already registered, please add your name to the sign-up list.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the St. Joseph’s Invitational on Saturday morning at Highland Park starting at 9:20. The jv race follows at 10:00.
- Admission representatives from Boston College and Hillsdale College will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.