Announcements for Thursday, March 5, 2020
Today is Thursday, March 5, 2020
Regular Order, Day 1
- Homeroom teachers, please have a student empty the recycling bin into the green bin in the hall.
- Student Council Executive Board nomination forms are due at today’s meeting during the second half of lunch in Room 112.
- Bidding for the annual FIFA tournament will continue today and tomorrow during lunch in the Commons.
- The mission drive spike ball tournament sign-ups will be held today and tomorrow outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. There will be two people per team and the cost is $10.00 due when you sign up. The tournament will begin on March 16 and there will be a cash prize. See Luke Comeaux or Stewart Talbot for more information.
- Slam n Jam T-shirt forms and money are due today to Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office or the Student Council Office.
- The Jesuit Medical Society and The Blood Center are teaming up for another blood drive at Jesuit. Please sign up in the Commons during lunch any day this week. Donors must be at least 16 years old and have their parents’ permission to donate. The blood drive is this Friday, March 6.
- Any NHS member who has not brought his assigned 2 liter on the lists outside the English and Classics offices should bring it to Room 414 by this Friday. If you cannot bring it by this Friday, please see Mr. Chapoton.
- The Calliope staff yearbook photo will be taken today at the beginning of lunch on the chapel steps.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- All members of the varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity baseball team host and begin play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament tonight vs. Belle Chasse at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 6:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will begin play in the Holy Cross Tournament this afternoon vs. John Curtis starting at 4:00.
- The bowling team will bowl Bonnabel this afternoon at All Star Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The golf team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at Bartholomew starting at 4:00.
- The theme park enthusiast club meeting originally scheduled for today at lunch has been pushed back to tomorrow at lunch in room 308
- The varsity basketball team will play at Scotlandville in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs on Friday night with tip off set for 7:00. Admission is $10.00.
- Carrollton Clash will be this Friday at Dominican’s Gym, starting at 4:00. This is a free event open to Juniors & Seniors only. This annual competition consists of ten events and your participation will affect the outcome.