Announcements For Friday, March 6, 2020
Today is Friday, March 6, 2020
Seven Period Day, Day 1B
- Adoration of the Blesses Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- Anyone who signed up to participate in the Born to Run Race should rally tomorrow morning at the at 8am at the Lakefront at Shelter #1 on Lakeshore Drive to get t-shirts and racing bibs.
- Bidding for the annual FIFA tournament will conclude today during lunch in the Commons.
- The mission drive spike ball tournament sign-ups will be held today during lunch outside the Student Council Office, Room 113.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311 to take yearbook pictures!
- Fencing Club will resume meetings on the Tuesday after exams.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Scotlandville in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs tonight with tip off set for 7:00. Admission is $10.00.
- Carrollton Clash will be held today starting at 4:00 at Dominican’s Gym. This is a free event open to Juniors & Seniors only. This annual competition consists of ten events and your participation will affect the outcome.
- The varsity lacrosse team will play St. Thomas Moore at 5:30pm Friday at Joe Yenni Stadium and Lower Alabama at 1:00pm at Hoss Memstas Stadium on Saturday. JVA will play Lower Alabama at 3pm at Hoss Memstas Stadium on Saturday. JVB will play St. Thomas More 10am at Olympia Stadium on Saturday. Admissions will be $5 at the gate.
- The varsity tennis team will compete in the McGil-Toolen Invitational in Mobile today and on Saturday.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Patrick Ruth Relays this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley Stadium.
- The varsity baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament this afternoon vs. East Ascension with first pitch set for 3:45. On Saturday the team will host Harrison Central (MS) at 12:00 before concluding tournament play vs. Catholic at 5:00. All games will be played at John Ryan Stadium.
- The 9th grade baseball team will play at Archbishop Hannan on Saturday afternoon starting at 3:00.
- The 8th grade baseball team will conclude play in the Holy Cross Tournament on Saturday facing Brother Martin at 9:30 and RBI at 1:10.
- Students are reminded to sign up for the Bazaar Volleyball tournament. Deadline to register your team is March 17. For more information, stop by the volunteer office, Room 126.
- On Tuesday, the basketball team came from behind to defeat Shaw 54-53 in the regional round of the state playoffs. Matthew Knight had a steal and an assist to Luke LaForge for the game winning basket. Matthew hit two crucial free throws to start the Rally late in the fourth quarter. Lack Lo led all scorers with 18 points, 16 coming in the second half. Porter Lichtl scored 17 while pulling down 11 rebounds. Kyle Haupt added 9. Congratulations.
- Tuesday night, the rugby team secured a 29-22 victory over Brother Martin with scores from Matthew Cashio, Rader Jackson, Jeremy Howat and Caden Pretlove. Nathan Williams provided clutch kicking, and helped secure the victory with nine points scored off his golden boot.
- This past weekend, seniors Aqib Zakaria, Darren Tsang, Milan Mardia, and Ryan Danna and juniors Jackson Cheramie and Hunter Hoffmann participated in the National High School Model UN conference in New York City. Out of 2,500 students from over 60 countries, the Blue Jays received the Award of Merit for their strong performance in representing the city-state of Singapore in committees where they debated topics ranging from the regulation of private military contractors to the impact of livestock farming on climate change. Congratulations.
- On Monday, the varsity baseball team defeated Warren Easton 10-0. Michael King was the winning pitcher. Zac Casebonne and John Carbo had multiple hits. Last night, the varsity baseball team beat Belle Chasse 6-2. Connor Sarrat was the winning pitcher. Brian Valigosky went 2-3.