Announcements for Friday, February 21, 2020
Today is Friday, February 21, 2020
Regular Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- Student Council Executive Board nomination forms can be found outside Room 114. Students interested in running for the position of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer next year will need to have forms completed and turned in before exam week.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected from March 2 through March 11 to be donated to St. Michael School for recycling. Catch lots of beads at the parades and bring them to school after the break.
- Actor Jim Caviezel, who played the role of Jesus in The Passion of the Christ, will be speaking today during the first half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel. All are welcome to attend.
- The Field Games Club will meet today during lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 112. All interested and returning members should attend or speak to Mr. Genovese beforehand.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323 to take yearbook pictures.
- The next Paintball Club outing is Friday, March 13. Information sheets are available outside the ROTC office.
- The varsity basketball team will close out district play tonight at St. Augustine with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The varsity baseball team will open its season on Monday night at Northshore with first pitch set for 6:30. The JV game begins at 4:00.
- Varsity Quiz Bowl competed in the Cade Cane Classic, playing some of the strongest 21 teams from across the state. The team of Conor Brannan, Blake Johnson, Collin Pelitere, Garrison Trahant, and captain Darren Tsang battled through the competition to emerge as the winners, the first full tournament win this year. Blake Johnson was the 8th highest individual scorer for the tournament. The following weekend, both Varsity and Junior Varsity traveled to the Brother Bill Parsons Memorial tournament where they again took on some of the best teams in the state. The JV team of Lee Reymond, Max Prechter, Ken Nguyen, and captain Andrew Cavignac upset many of the older teams to emerge as the fourth place team. The varsity team of Conor Brannan, Garrison Trahant, Blake Johnson, and captain Darren Tsang took second, losing a close match in the finals to our cross-town rival, Lusher. In the individual rankings, Andrew Cavignac finished 9th, Darren Tsang finished 5th, and Blake Johnson finished 4th. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl.
- The basketball team defeated Rummel Friday night 59-40. Kyle Haupt led the offensive effort by scoring 16 points. Defensively the team was led by Adrien Foley who picked up 3 charges.