Announcements for Thursday, February 20, 2020
Today is Thursday, February 20, 2020
Regular Order, Day 6
- Homeroom teachers, please have a student empty the recycling bin into the green bins in the hall.
- The annual school-wide king cake party will take place today during the second half of lunch in Traditions Courtyard.
- Student Council Executive Board nomination forms can be found outside Room 114. Students interested in running for the position of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer next year will need to have forms completed and turned in before exam week.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected from March 2 through March 11 to be donated to St. Michael School for recycling. Catch lots of beads at the parades and bring them to school after the break.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will take their yearbook photos today at the beginning of lunch on the Chapel Steps.
- The Theme Park Enthusiasts club will meet today during lunch in Room 308. New members are welcome.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 112. All interested and returning members should attend or speak to Mr. Genovese beforehand.
- Politics and Pastries will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 323 to take yearbook pictures.
- Biotechnology Club has re-scheduled the Gunshot Residue Analysis for Thursday, March 5. Please sign up in Room 317 or reply to your email via Canvas.
- All juniors should check CANVAS and complete a short survey regarding their service project. The survey is due by the end of the day today.
- Order your Back to Banks t-shirt today during lunch in the Commons. T-Shirts will be pre-ordered this year and delivered to school on Monday, March 16. This year’s t-shirt is the Comfort Colors brand. Stop by the table to see a sample. The cost is $15 a shirt plus tax, and only Credit cards or checks will be accepted. T-shirts can be worn to school on Thursday, March 19.
- Any students who are interested in taking an AP exam in May and who have not yet registered must do so by Monday, March 2. Registration information can be found under the Academics tab on the Jesuit website.
- Students who have already registered for an AP exam but no longer wish to take it, must let Ms. Timberlake know in an email by the end of the school day today. Be sure to include your name, Jesuit ID, and the exam that you wish to cancel. If you fail to cancel by this deadline, you will be charged the remaining balance whether or not you choose to sit for the exam.