Announcements for Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Today is Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Regular Order, Day 1
- Students interested in signing up for the Born to Run 5k and fun run to support the Women’s New Life Clinic can do so through the link on the Jesuit website. The deadline to register is February 20.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Star Wars Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331 to practice making the Kessel run.
- Mu Alpha Theta will hold a brief informational meeting during the second half of lunch today in Room 227 for students interested in attending the State Convention March 26 through March 28. If you are interested in attending Convention but cannot make the meeting, please see Mrs. Brauner during the first half of lunch in Room 328.
- Jesuit’s annual Service Fair will be held today during the lunch period in the second floor hallway. Roughly a dozen organizations that serve the homeless, disabled, sick, and poor will be on campus to share information about their programs. All students are encouraged to attend, but especially juniors in need of a service project.
- The Fencing Club will meet after school today in front of the library.
- The varsity basketball team will host Rummel tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The tennis team will face Country Day this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Dutchtown in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs tonight starting at 6:00. Admission price is $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for students and children. Note that student id’s are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Students interested in forming a Slam n Jam team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 112. Necessary forms and information will be dispersed.
- Biotechnology Club has re-scheduled the Gunshot Residue Analysis for Thursday, March 5. Please sign up in room 317 or reply to your email via Canvas.
- All NHS members need to bring in at least one two-liter drink for the Bazaar by Friday, Feb. 21. Please check the lists outside of the English and Classics departments to see what type of two-liter you need to bring. Please bring your soda to the Classics office, Room 414.
- Order your Back to Banks t-shirt today during lunch in the Commons. T-Shirts will be pre-ordered this year and delivered to school on Monday, March 16. This year’s t-shirt is the Comfort Colors brand. Stop by the table to see a sample. The cost is $15 a shirt plus tax, and only Credit cards or checks will be accepted. T-shirts can be worn to school on Thursday, March 19.