Announcements for Friday, February 7, 2020
Today is Friday, February 7, 2020
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- Today is the deadline for submissions to Calliope. Work can be brought physically to the English Department or emailed to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes.
- Today’s Field Games Club meeting is cancelled.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311.
- Jesuit’s chapter of Students Demand Action will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202. All students are welcome to attend.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a Topic Meeting today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. The Year Book picture will also be taken.
- The Model UN Team’s meeting for after school today has been postponed to after school on Monday. Contact Mr. Trosclair if you cannot attend.
- The varsity basketball team will host Holy Cross tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face Rummel at 10:00 and Shaw at 12:00 on Saturday with both games begin played at Shaw.
- The varsity Lacrosse team will travel to Houston to face off against Strake Jesuit on Saturday
- Students who received recommendation notices for Honors Science courses for next school year are reminded that the signed forms are due no later than Monday, Feb. 10. Please bring them to Mrs. Tassin in Room 317.
- Have you ever dreamed about hitting a long, three pointer at the buzzer? Next Tuesday, after the Blue Jays face Shaw in the Gayle & Tom Benson Arena, is your chance. And one winner of our contest will walk away with four suite tickets to an upcoming Pelicans game. The shootout will take place at halftime of the senior finals of the Hoops for the Holidays tournament. All current students are eligible take the shot. Sign up at the table outside of the student activities office before noon next Tuesday.
- Intramural basketball games for today have been cancelled.
- Top’s tip of the day: Being a man for others should be a priority for all of us.
- The Louisiana High School Lacrosse League named Clark Romig as offensive player of the week and Luke Powers is defensive player of the week. Congratulations.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is proud to announce that the Senior-Directed One Act Play and Improv Comedy Festival was a success. This year’s total donation was for $2,515.00 and 340 pounds of food which will provide meals to over 10,000 neighbors in need. The Phils are proud to be celebrating ten years supporting second harvest with this Festival. Special thanks to the MCJROTC for their help.
- Congratulations to the bowling team for setting a school total pin record against Brother Martin of 3,777 pins. The team provided an encore last week against Patrick Taylor, besting their record by 46 pins for a total of 3,823.