Announcements Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Today is Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Regular Order, Day 2
- This Wednesday, Jan. 29, is Career Day. We will follow an Assembly Order #1 on this day where all career-oriented activities will take place during the assembly period from 8:00 – 9:05 a.m. All grade levels will begin the day in their homerooms and will be dismissed to their appropriate areas of the school over the intercom. Juniors and seniors will listen to and interact with alumni guests from various career fields. Juniors and seniors can view the complete list of careers represented at Career Day on the Guidance page on Canvas. Pre-freshmen, freshmen, and sophomores will hear a career presentation in the auditorium by Walt Leger ‘96. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- Juniors attending Kairos 91, Feb. 7-9, should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 224. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office if you cannot attend.
- Any Freshman interested in trying out for the 9th grade baseball team should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 334.
- Freshman Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch in its normal room assignment.
- Juniors interested in going on the service trip to Appalachia should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- All members of the varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The varsity basketball team will host St. Augustine in the Benson Arena tonight with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- Any students interested in serving breakfast to the homeless tomorrow morning should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up.
- Varsity football tryouts will be held tomorrow immediately after school in the Roussel building. If you missed the tryout meeting, see Coach Songy before Wednesday.
- The General Student Council will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Pre-freshmen trying out for the 8th-grade baseball team will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 115. Try-outs begin on Thursday.
- This Thursday, our undefeated Bowling Team will face off against Brother Martin, the two-time defending state champions and the only other undefeated team in the district. Come support our Blue Jay bowlers as they try to take the crown from the Crusaders. The match runs from 3:20-5:15pm at AMF All-Star Lanes in Kenner. Admission is free. In addition, Thursday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your support for our Blue Jay bowlers.
- Intramural basketball forms are available outside Room 112. Forms and fees are due Friday to Room 112. Information about intramural basketball can be found posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- An admission representative from Delta State University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.