Soccer Defeats EJ on Senior Night, Rummel on Homecoming Day
After defeating Holy Cross on Friday, Jan. 10, the Jesuit soccer team captured two crucial victories on two very special occasions. The Blue Jays earned a 2-0 victory over East Jefferson for Senior Night on Thursday, Jan. 16, at John Ryan Stadium. Two days later they returned to Alumni Field for a mid-day game against Rummel. Ignited by the spirit of the 2020 Alumni Homecoming celebration that preceded their game, the Jays posted another clean sheet with a 8-0 district win over the Raiders.
SENIOR NIGHT | Jesuit vs. East Jefferson, 2-0
Senior Connor Quaglino scored on a break away goal in the 33rd minute, and sophomore Matthew Busenlener scored a finesse shot in the 55th minute. Senior goalkeeper Nick Pelias earned the shutout.
ALUMNI HOMECOMING | Jesuit vs. Rummel, 8-0
Read the story on the pre-game Alumni Homecoming event.
Seven Blue Jays scored eight goals in front of the alumni-filled home crowd on Saturday, Jan. 18. Junior goalie Ray Sauerwin earned the shutout.
- Noah D’Aunoy scored a tap in in the 5th minute.
- Davis Laibe scored his 11th goal of the season in the 14th minute.
- Matthew Buselener scored in the 18th minute.
- Rob Colomb scored in 30th minute.
- Connor Caplinger scored in the 62nd minute.
- Lucas Morse scored in the 68th minute.
- Sebi Maraldo scored a header in the 73rd minute.
- Connor Caplinger scored his second goal in the 79th minute.