Announcements for Friday, January 17, 2020
Today is Friday, January 17, 2020
Regular Order, Day 7
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will not be offered today.
- The Winter Clothing Drive continues through January. Please place donations for the Harry Thompson Center in bins located throughout the school.
- The Calliope deadline, Feb. 7, will be here before you know it. Use your long weekend to brush up those poems, essays, and stories, or to add the last brushstroke to your art, and submit your work to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes. See the flyer in your homeroom for more information.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 408. For more information, see Mr. Mahne.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Shaw tonight with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Louisiana Classic this evening and on Saturday in Gonzales.
- The varsity soccer team will host Rummel on Saturday at John Ryan Stadium starting at 1:00.
- The 9th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- The 8th grade basketball team will play John Curtis at 10:00 on Saturday followed by a game vs. St. Paul’s at 12:00. Both games will be played at St. Paul’s.
- The JV soccer team will play at Rummel on Saturday morning starting at 9:00. The 8th grade game follows at 10:30.
- Any NHS member in need of service hours may sign up outside the English or Classics offices by the end of school today to work the Mother’s Luncheon on Tuesday, January 21 from 11-2 in the Commons.
- Classroom changes for today: Coach Bairnsfather’s 2nd period PE class will meet in Room 110. Coach Bairnsfather’s 3rd period PE class will meet in Room 111. Sophomores in Mr. Caluda’s 5th period Advanced Band class will meet in Room 213. Seniors and juniors will attend class as scheduled.
- Top’s tip of the day: BLUE JAY SPIRIT. It hard to show if you don’t have it. SO GET IT