Registration: Soccer Alumni Homecoming on Jan. 18, 2020
Jesuit Soccer Homecoming
January 18, 2020 – John Ryan Stadium
Alumni Game & Lunch – 11AM
Jesuit Blue Jays vs. Rummel Raiders – 1PM
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Soccer. A big part of that celebration is connecting with the Jesuit team of 2019-2020 while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay soccer players who are the foundation of today’s program. You, your family, and those who cheered you on (spouses, children, parents and grandparents, fans of Jesuit soccer) are invited to the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on Saturday, January 18, 2020. This year’s program features the recognition of the two state championship teams—1999 and 2010—celebrating their 20th and 10th anniversaries, respectively.
Continuing a new, well-attended tradition, a soccer alumni game will be played before the varsity contest (11AM). Former Blue Jay soccer players from various years will go at it on the Alumni Field pitch. (Paramedics, athletic trainers, and ambulances will be on the ready!) The game will be a 30-minute, short-sided contest. To register to attend and/or play in the first-ever alumni game, please RSVP by January 10. Any questions should be sent to Carlos Calix ’92 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, the event features a lunch reception, a “soccer” gift for each soccer alumnus, plenty of Blue Jay Spirit, and a chance to cheer on this year’s soccer Jays as they take on the Rummel Raiders.
The soccer celebration will unfold as follows:
- 11AM – Alumni game participants arrive.
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Alumni Soccer Game
- 11:15AM – Soccer alumni, their families and fans (spouses, children, parents and grandparents!) and the 2020 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion at John Ryan Stadium for lunch, compliments of Jesuit’s advancement office and the parents of today’s players.
- 12:40PM – Coach Hubie Collins invites all soccer alumni (former players only, please) to the locker room to greet this year’s team.
- 12:45PM – The players reenter the field for a pre-game ceremony honoring the 1999 and 2010 state championship teams.
- 1PM – Kickoff begins the game between the Blue Jays and the Raiders.
- Halftime – The children of soccer alumni are invited onto Alumni Field to kick the old soccer ball around just as Dad did during his time wearing the Blue and White.
Tickets will be available when you enter at 11PM: $5 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6. Please pass the word to other alumni (and their parents) of the Jesuit soccer program.
For more information, contact:
Carlos Calix ’92 at (504) 723-9263 / email@example.com
(soccer alumni representative)
Anne Barnes at (504) 458-8444 / BarnesEngineering@cox.net
(co-soccer alumni parents representative)