Announcements for Thursday, January 6, 2020
Today is Thursday, January 9, 2020
Regular Order, Day 6
- Homeroom teachers, please have a student empty the recycling bin into the green bins in the hall.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art for the 2020 edition. The deadline for submissions is Feb. 7. See the flyer posted in your homeroom for information about how to submit your work, or see Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes with questions.
- Do you plan on majoring in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism in college? Join the Jesuit News Network for its New Year meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The staff of Calliope will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221 to elect this year’s editors. If you cannot make the meeting, see Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes before lunch to cast your ballot.
- All members of the varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The herpetology club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Biotechnology Club will meet today after school in Room 317 to perform a presumptive blood test, blood typing, and blood stain analysis. This activity will take about one hour. Please sign up in Room 317 or respond to your Canvas e-mail to participate so that enough materials will be available.
- The Jesuit Rugby Team will hold an informational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 331. Any new or returning members should attend.
- Mu Alpha Theta will not be attending the tournament in New Iberia this Saturday. If you would like to sign up for the Catholic High tournament in Baton Rouge on Saturday Jan. 25, please do so on the bulletin board outside of Room 328. Please see Mrs. Brauner or Ms. Lulich if you have any questions.
- Classroom changes for today: Coach Roule’s 1st period PE class will meet in CL1. Coach Roule’s 2nd period PE class will meet in Room 112. Coach Bairnsfather’s 5th period PE class will meet in Room 213. Mr. Caluda’s 6th period Fine Arts 1 class will meet in Room 213.
- All members of the junior class in Program III MUST attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period in St. Ignatius Hall. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important!
- Monday, Jan. 14, will be a Purple & Gold Day for the College Football National Championship. Wear a purple, gold, or purple and gold collared shirt or an LSU imprinted shirt, sweatshirt, or jersey to show your state pride.
- Top’s tip of the day: Students are not to leave campus during school hours without permission.