Announcements for Thursday, December 12, 2019
Today is Thursday, December 12, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- Homeroom Teachers, please have a student empty the blue recycling bins into the large green bins in the hall.
- Jesuit announces the Inaugural Hoops for the Holidays Basketball Tournament. It’s Friday, December 27 in the Gayle & Tom Benson Arena. All Jesuit High School students are invited to participate. The cost to form a team is $100. All money raised will be donated by the student body to the school’s Minds & Hearts Enlightened capital campaign. Details are posted on the bulletin board in the hall just outside of the first floor restroom. You can pick up registration forms on the table inside or just outside of the student activities office, Room 114. Registration is due by Friday, Dec. 13 at lunch.
- An unwrap battle will be held today during lunch in the Commons. The fastest unwrappers will win a sweet surprise!
- One of the best ways to prepare for Christmas this Advent is to pray the Rosary. Stop by the Campus Ministry Office this week to pick up a free rosary.
- Join the Spanish club today for a mass honoring Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe during the first half of lunch in the second floor chapel. Light refreshments will follow in St. Ignatius Hall. All are invited to come celebrate.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Business and Government Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 132 to discuss second semester activities.
- Jesuit’s chapter of Students Demand Action will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Herpetology club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All going on the March for Life must attend.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity basketball team will continue play in the Newman Invitational Tournament tonight.
- The Outdoors Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- Anyone interested in throwing shot put, discus, or javelin for Jesuit’s Track & Field team should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- Balfour will be on campus tomorrow during lunch in the Commons to take orders for senior rings and graduation announcements.
- Tomorrow during the second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks as well as the best Christmas suit. All student are invited to wear their Christmas best tomorrow throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); Students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes; Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.
- Top’s tip of the day: When you allow someone to cheat you share in that wrong.