Announcements for Monday, December 9, 2019
Today is Monday, December 9, 2019
Mass Day Order, Day 4
- Jesuit announces the Inaugural Hoops for the Holidays Basketball Tournament. It’s Friday, December 27 in the Gayle & Tom Benson Arena. All Jesuit High School students are invited to participate. The cost to form a team is $100. All money raised will be donated by the student body to the school’s Minds & Hearts Enlightened capital campaign. Details are posted on the bulletin board in the hall just outside of the first floor restroom. You can pick up registration forms on the table inside or just outside of the student activities office, Room 114. Registration is due by Friday, Dec. 13 at lunch.
- All members of Student 2 Student should report to a meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school outside the library.
- The 9th grade basketball team will host Carver this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:00. The JV game follows at 6:00.
- Anyone interested in competing in sprints, hurdles, jumps, or pole vault for the Track & Field Team should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- Scores for the PSAT and the PSAT 8/9 are now available online. Students should go to www.collegeboard.org and create a free College Board account in order to access the score reporting portal and view their score reports. Students should refer to information on the guidance page on Canvas or see their guidance counselor if they have any questions.
- Top’s tip of the day: Moving to Mass in silence allows one to prepare himself for Mass.
- Over the weekend the 8th grade basketball went 2-1 in the Rummel Tournament, earning victories over St. Paul’s and Country Day. Against St. Paul’s, Noah Uransky led all scorers with 13 points, while Jude LaForge added 12. Against Country Day, Jude LaForge again scored in double figures to lead the Jays. Will Homes, Harry Treigle, and Ali Mohammad provided strong defense in both games.