Announcements for Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Today is Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- The varsity football team will face John Curtis in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs on Friday night at Hoss Memtsas Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults, students and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard Tuesday through Friday of this week from 7:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- If you signed up for drivers ed, there will be an important meeting today in Room 223 at the beginning of lunch.
- The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring today during lunch in Room 413.
- All pre-freshmen trying out for the 8th-grade baseball team should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN Conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Fishing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- Did you hear about the Chess player who was so afraid of negative numbers he would stop at nothing to avoid them. To help this Chess player keep a positive outlook, please attend today’s Chess Club meeting today at 3:00pm in Room 332.
- The Mock Trial team will hold its first practice this evening at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122. This year’s case involving a robbery will be introduced at the meeting. If you are interested in participating in Mock Trial, please make every effort to attend.
The varsity wrestling team will host Catholic High in a dual meet this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 6:30.
- Psychology Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch. Coach Rudy will be speaking to the club. Those who ordered a t-shirt must bring their $17 or will begin receiving PH’s.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- The intramural play-off schedule has been posted. Games begin today during the first half of lunch on Will Clark Field.
- Top’s tip of the day: When it comes to giving, if you don’t who will.