Announcements for Monday, November 11, 2019
Today is Monday, November 11, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- The Food Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 110
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school outside the library.
- The Astronomy Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Outdoors Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 231. Students interested in outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and kayaking are welcome.
- Students interested in trying out for the Varsity baseball team should meet Wednesday during the first half of lunch in Room 332.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will hold its second quarter informational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- Juniors: The Carson Scholarship application is due today by 3:30 PM to Room 244. No late applications will be accepted.
- An admission representative from Dillard University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day:
- Last Thursday, The 9th Grade Football Team finished their season undefeated beating Rummel 28-8. Offensively, The Jays were led by QB Casey Avrard and WR Jace Larsen. Avrard threw 3 TD’s and connected with Larsen for 2 scores while Jack Lo recorded the third. RB Gates Barre’ provided the other score on a 3 yard run. The Fierce Blue Jay Defense held The Raiders to only 8 points, which they scored on their opening drive, and then shut them down for the next Three Quarters. The defense was led by Tyler Autin who had an interception. For the season, the Jays outscored their opponents 160 – 22 and posted 3 shutouts. Congratulations Jays on an excellent season.
- Congratulations goes out to the Varsity Football Team for a winning regular season. Despite a hard fought loss on Friday night to the Rummel Raiders, the Jays finished 6-4 and now get ready for the playoffs with the first game this Thursday at Tad Gormley against the Archbishop Shaw Eagles, with kickoff set for 6:00.
- Jesuit cheerleaders placed second at the regional tournament on Sunday, receiving a bid to the national tournament in Orlando.