Announcements for Friday, November 1, 2019
Today is Friday, November 1, 2019
Mass Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 1:12.
- Biotechnology members are asked to sign up for the first lab activity scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 7. Please sign up in Room 317. Check Canvas for details.
- Psychology club members who ordered a t-shirt can pick up their shirt in Ms. Daigle’s office. Cost is $17.00.
- There will be a tour guide meeting today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The varsity football team will play at Hahnville tonight with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 the switchboard. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission for this non-district contest.
- The varsity basketball team will scrimmage West Jefferson on Saturday morning at 9:00 then face Sophie B. Wright at 10:00. Both scrimmages will take place at Country Day.
- Both the junior high and JV cross country teams will compete in the Metro Meet at City Park on Saturday morning. The junior high team runs at 9:00, while the JV race starts at 10:15.
- The Paintball Club will host a Zombie Paintball outing this Saturday night in Tickfaw, LA. Cost to attend is $25 per person. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno in the ROTC Office (Room 107) for a permission form if you would like to attend.
- Today is the last day to register for AP exams without incurring a $40 late registration fee. Students who are interested in taking these exams, whether or not they are enrolled in AP classes, should check the Jesuit website for further information about the new registration process.
- Top’s tip of the day: Moving to Mass in silence gives all of us time to prepare ourselves for Mass.
- Last Thursday, the 9th Grade Football Team improved to 4-0 with a dominating 32-0 win over the Shaw Eagles. Offensively, they were led by Casey Avrard who threw 2 Touchdowns to Gates Barre’ and Hollis McDaniel. Barre’ also ran for a Touchdown along with Travis Jordan. Defensively, the Jays continued their stingy ways as they posted their 3rd shutout of the year. Congratulations Jays!