Announcements for Thursday, October 31, 2019
Today is Thursday, October 31, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- Homeroom Teachers, please have a student empty the blue recycling bins into the large green bins in the hall.
- All juniors will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- Halloween is here! Student Council invites all students to bob for apples and eat donuts on a string today during lunch in the courtyard. Students are encouraged to wear an appropriate costume during lunch for these activities!
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will have a special Halloween edition meeting today in Room 311.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Psychology Club will be meeting today during the second half of lunch in room 132.
- The Pro Life Club will host Mia Bordelee from Louisiana Right to Life today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. Ms. Bordelee is the Youth Programs director for the state and will be discussing pro life apologetics. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the district meet this afternoon at City Park starting at 4:30.
- The 9th grade football team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The varsity football team will play at Hahnville on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase from 7:30-3:45 today and Friday at the switchboard. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission for this non-district contest.
- The Paintball Club will host a Zombie Paintball outing this Saturday night in Tickfaw, LA. Cost to attend is $25 per person. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno in the ROTC Office (Room 107) for a permission form if you would like to attend.
- This Saturday, November 2, Students are invited to participate in a workshop for the Trust Your Crazy Ideas Challenge, presented by the Brees Dream Foundation and Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans. High school students can compete for up to $15,000 in scholarships by participating in the workshop, where they will learn about entrepreneurship and how to turn their own “Crazy Idea” into a business plan. For more information, please visit WWW.TRUSTYOURCRAZYIDEASCHALLENGE.ORG
- An admission representative from College of Charleston will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- The intramural football schedule has been posted outside Room 114. Games start today. Referee schedules have also been posted.
- Top’s tip of the day: Are you giving 100%, 100% of the time? If not, why not?