Announcements for Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Today is Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- All juniors will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- The Public Speaking class will present the JHS Radio Theatre plays “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe and “The Mark of the Beast” by Rudyard Kipling today during lunch in the auditorium.
- Are you ready for Halloween? Student Council is hosting bobbing for apples and donuts on a string tomorrow during lunch in the courtyard. Beware, the donuts are said to be “ghostly.”
- Halloween Movie Night will take place tonight at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium. This year’s movie is the 2019 comedy/thriller Happy Death Day 2U. All students are invited to attend this free event and may invite friends from other schools.
- Anyone interested in Drivers Ed this fall should see Coach Roule today during lunch in Room 223 to answer questions or pick up registration forms.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117 to continue screening “Erased.” The club will also meet tomorrow after school in Room 122.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Star Wars Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in room 331.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in the chapel. All other levels will meet in their normal room assignments.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- Spanish Club will meet for Latin cooking today after school in the commons after school.
- Beach Volleyball matches are cancelled for today. Players who have not yet collected their jerseys should see Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office.
- The 8th grade football team will host Archbishop Hannan this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The varsity football team will play at Hahnville on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase from 7:30-3:45 Tuesday through Friday at the switchboard. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission for this non-district contest.
- The Paintball Club will host a Zombie Paintball outing this Saturday night in Tickfaw, LA. Cost to attend is $25 per person. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno in the ROTC Office (Room 107) for a permission form if you would like to attend.
- Registration for AP exams takes place this week. Students who are interested in taking these exams, whether or not they are enrolled in AP classes, should check the Jesuit website for further information about the new registration process. In order to not be charged a $40 late registration fee, online registration must be completed by Friday, Nov. 1.
- This Saturday, November 2, Students are invited to participate in a workshop for the Trust Your Crazy Ideas Challenge, presented by the Brees Dream Foundation and Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans. High school students can compete for up to $15,000 in scholarships by participating in the workshop, where they will learn about entrepreneurship and how to turn their own “Crazy Idea” into a business plan. For more information, please visit WWW.TRUSTYOURCRAZYIDEASCHALLENGE.ORG
- Admission representatives from Boston University and the University of South Alabama will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
The intramural football schedule has been posted outside Room 114. Games start tomorrow. Referee schedules have also been posted.
- Top’s tip of the day: