Announcements for Monday, October 28, 2019
Today is Monday, October 28, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- All seniors will meet with tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on graduation announcements.
- All juniors will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- The Food Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 113
- The Art Club will meet today and every Monday during the first half of lunch in Room 203. New members are welcome.
- The Astronomy Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold an organizational meeting today at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school outside the library.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN conference will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The J-Troupe Improv Comedy Team will present their first LIVE show of the year tomorrow evening at 7:00 at Eat & Drink on Citrus in Harahan. Go to the Jesuit website or visit the Phils office, Room 202, for more details.
- The Public Speaking class will present the JHS Radio Theatre plays “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe and “The Mark of the Beast” by Rudyard Kipling Wednesday during lunch in the auditorium. Come hear some spooky stories to get in the Halloween Spirit before movie night!
- Halloween Movie Night will take place Wednesday at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium. This year’s movie is the 2019 comedy/thriller Happy Death Day 2U. All students are invited to attend this free event and may invite friends from other schools.
- Registration for AP exams takes place this week. Students who are interested in taking these exams, whether or not they are enrolled in AP classes, should check the Jesuit website for further information about the new registration process. In order to not be charged a $40 late registration fee, online registration must be completed by Friday, Nov. 1.
- Admission representatives from Furman University, Occidental College, and the University of Southern California will be available during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: The only logo that may be worn on jackets, while in uniform, are Jesuit New Orleans logos.
- Last Thursday, the 8th Grade Football Jays defeated Rummel 36-32. They were led by Koby Young, Beau Perez, and Patrick Berrigan. Emerson Piacun scored the winning Touchdown and Will Holmes made a Touchdown saving tackle.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football team as they ran away with a 34-3 victory over Archbishop Shaw this past Saturday. Offensively, the Jays were led by Senior quarterback Grant Jordan’s two rushing touchdowns and one more through the air. Junior Luke Besh scored on a receiving touchdown and Junior Jalen Williams added another score on another rushing touchdown. Defensively it was a great team effort led by Senior defensive tackle Ethan Branch who led the defensive front with 2 tackles for loss. Freshman kicker Aiden Corbello was a perfect 2 for 2 on field goals to round out the scoring.