Announcements for Thursday, October 24, 2019
Today is Thursday, October 24, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Homeroom Teachers, Please have a student empty the blue recycling bin into the green recycling bin in the hall.
- All Prefreshmen must report to the auditorium today at the beginning of lunch. Enter using the Solomon St. entrance.
- Homecoming Dance tickets are on sale before school and during lunch through Friday in the Student Council office. The dance will be held this Saturday at the Superdome. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- Anyone interested in taking drivers ed this fall will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 223. Please see Coach Roule if you are unable to attend.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in room 228.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Green will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch The King of Comedy, a film that inspired Joker.
- Spanish Club will meet to watch “A Tuba to Cuba” today after school in Room 320.
- The 8th grade football team will host Rummel this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30.
- The Field Games Club will meet tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The Anime Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 122 to continue screening “Erased.”
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 Wednesday through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold an organizational meeting on Monday at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122.
- All wrestlers should report to the wrestling room during lunch today.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- Registration for AP exams will take place next week. Students who are interested in taking these exams, whether or not they are enrolled in AP classes, should check the Jesuit website on Monday for further information about the new registration process.
- Top’s tip of the day: Copying homework is cheating.