Announcements for Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Today is Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- Homecoming Dance tickets are on sale before school and during lunch through Friday in the Student Council office. The dance will be held this Saturday at the Superdome. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- The Ochsner Flight Care Team will land their helicopter on Will Clark Field today during lunch. All students that turned in the signed permission slip should be ready to interact with the team at 12:15.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Star Wars Club will meet during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- There will be a meeting during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for open house tour guides. Students of all grade levels are welcome to attend.
- The Service and Social Justice League will host Dr. Sue Weishar to give a presentation on immigration, Catholic social teaching, and her 14 years as Director of Immigration and Refugee Services with Catholic Charities of New Orleans today during the first half of lunch in Room 304. Interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Investment club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- Did you hear that when a photon was asked at our Chess Club meeting if he brought his Chess set, the photon replied,” No, I’m traveling light.” You can help this photon light up the room at today’s Chess Club meeting beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- The Disc Golf Club will play today at 3:30 in City Park.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch The King of Comedy, a film that inspired Joker.
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 Wednesday through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
Seniors: this is the last week for college application workshops. College counselors will be available in CL-3 tomorrow from 7-7:45 before school and from 3-3:45 after school. Stop by with any questions you may have.
Admission representatives from the University of New Orleans and American University will be available today during lunch in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you see something wrong and you do nothing about it you are condoning it and that is wrong.