Announcements for Thursday, October 3, 2019
Today is Thursday, October 3, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 100th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Commemorative pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Check out jesuitnola.org to see the times and locations where tickets will be sold throughout the week. Avoid the lengthy lines at the game by purchasing pre-sale tickets and remember that Jesuit retains all pre-sale ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season tickets will be accepted at the gate for this historic district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay to enter the game.
Rivalry shirts are on sale before school and during lunch through Friday morning in the commons and outside the switchboard. Adult and youth sizes are available, and you can pay with cash, check, or credit card. Students can wear their Rivalry shirt to school on Friday in place of their uniform shirt.
As part of the Great American Rivalry, the Marines Chin-Up Challenge will take place today during lunch in the courtyard. The school whose students do the most chin-ups will be recognized during the Jesuit-Holy Cross game on Friday and will receive a trophy.
Blue Jays, it’s time for the truth! Is the government hiding aliens inside Area 51? Bust this infamous conspiracy by racing through an obstacle course today during lunch in the courtyard.
The Foosball Club and the Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Commons by the bookstore.
The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Inception.
- The Table Tennis Team will play today after school outside Room 407.
- Spanish Club will meet today after school in the Commons.
- The golf team will face Rummel this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The 8th grade football team will host Holy Cross this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30.
- 8th grade intramural football forms and fees are due tomorrow to Room 114.
- Sophomores who scheduled their day of service for this Saturday should check canvas for important details and permission forms.
- Admission representatives from Soka University in California and Vanderbilt University in Tennessee will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Even though people may be different that you, you should still show them respect.