Announcements for Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Today is Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 100th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Commemorative pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Check out jesuitnola.org to see the times and locations where tickets will be sold throughout the week. Avoid the lengthy lines at the game by purchasing pre-sale tickets and remember that Jesuit retains all pre-sale ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season tickets will be accepted at the gate for this historic district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay to enter the game.
Rivalry shirts are on sale before school and during lunch through Friday morning in the commons and outside the switchboard. Adult and youth sizes are available, and you can pay with cash, check, or credit card. Students can wear their Rivalry shirt to school on Friday in place of their uniform shirt.
As part of the Great American Rivalry, the Marines Chin-Up Challenge will take place Thursday during lunch in the courtyard. The school whose students do the most chin-ups will be recognized during the Jesuit-Holy Cross game on Friday and will receive a trophy.Have you ever seen a real live Sasquatch? Compete in strength competitions to eat beef jerky with Bigfoot today during lunch in the commons. Check out the link in today’s announcements for the promo video: “Working Out with Sasquatch.”
- The Anime Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117 to screen the series “Erased.”
- The St. Peter Claver Club will kick off its quarterly speaker series with an appearance by prominent civil rights attorney Mary Howell, who will talk about her 40-plus years in New Orleans courtrooms. Howell will speak today during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch outside Room 203.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Juniors will meet in the chapel. All other levels will meet in their normal room assignments.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- All Pre-Freshmen attending the Brother Martin Math Tournament this Saturday should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- Did you hear about the Chess player whose game was so hot he had to be cooled to Absolute Zero? He’s O K now. And you can greet him at today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 p.m. in Room 332.
- The varsity golf team will face Newman this afternoon at Lakewood starting at 4:00.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Inception.
- Spanish Club will meet tomorrow after school in the Commons.
- Admission representatives from Southern Methodist University and New York University will be available today during lunch in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Clean shaven means clean shaven every day.