Announcements for Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Today is Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 100th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Commemorative pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Check out jesuitnola.org to see the times and locations where tickets will be sold throughout the week. Avoid the lengthy lines at the game by purchasing pre-sale tickets and remember that Jesuit retains all pre-sale ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season tickets will be accepted at the gate for this historic district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay to enter the game.
Rivalry shirts are on sale before school and during lunch through Friday morning in the commons and outside the switchboard. Men’s, ladies’, and youth sizes are available, and you can pay with cash, check, or credit card. Students can wear their Rivalry shirt to school on Friday in place of their uniform shirt.
- Did Neil Armstrong really walk on the moon? Join Student Council in an attempt to bust the lunar landing conspiracy by landing your own paper airplanes on the moon today during lunch in the courtyard.
- Students attending Carmen on Wednesday night will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 318. Students are asked to bring their permission slip if they haven’t done so.
- The Star Wars club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. We will discuss the winter ski trip to Hoth.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will have a staff meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 408. New writers and photographers, as well as members of the Jesuit News Network, are invited to attend. For more information, see Mr. Mahne.
- The golf team faces St. Augustine this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- There will be a meeting for the parents of all students interested in playing Jesuit lacrosse this season in the commons tonight at 6:30 PM.
- The Anime Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 117 to screen the series “Erased.”
- The St. Peter Claver Club will kick off its quarterly speaker series with an appearance by prominent civil rights attorney Mary Howell, who will talk about her 40-plus years in New Orleans courtrooms. Howell will speak tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15 are due by the end of the day today. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Seniors: Today is the final day to sign up to interview with Fordham University. See your college counselor with any questions.
- Admission representatives from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Emerson College in Boston, and Denison University Ohio will be available today during lunch in Rooms 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Chewing gum is not allowed any time while on campus.