Announcements for Thursday, September 26, 2019
Today is Thursday, September 26, 2019
Regular Order, Day 3
- Homeroom Teachers, Please have a student bring the blue recycling bins and dump them in the large green recycling bins in the hall.
- Students planning to participate in the blood drive tomorrow should eat a healthy meal rich in iron prior to donating blood. Permission slips for the blood drive should be brought to Room 403.
- The varsity football team will open up district play vs. Brother Martin tomorrow night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase today and tomorrow in the student commons during lunch and also today at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Join Campus Ministry for the opening of the Non Nobis Domine Speaker Series tomorrow during lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Our guest is Brian Greenfield, a nationally recognized Catholic speaker, who will present on the topic, “Brotherhood and Christ: Strength at the Service of Others.” The presentation will begin at the start of lunch with a break at the start of second half. All are invited to attend.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Commons near the Bookstore.
- The Psychology Club will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 132.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Spanish Club will meet today after school in the Commons.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Newman Invitational this afternoon at Audubon Park starting at 5:45, while the junior high runs at 4:30.
- The 9th grade football team will host Brother Martin this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium, while the 8th grade football team play at Brother Martin. Both games begin at 4:30.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Field Games club will meet tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark Field. We will be playing spikeball, gagaball, cornhole, and Tchoukball.
- The Gaming Society will meet tomorrow after school in the Commons.
- Biotechnology Club dues should be turned in to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315 by Friday, Sept. 27.
- Any students interested in helping out at the Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Saturday, Nov. 16, should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- The Food Critics Club will be critiquing donuts on Monday morning. The price is $5 to participate. Anyone who is interested should see Mr. Taffaro or Mr. Augustin for more information.
- Over 80 colleges will be available at Jesuit’s college fair from 6:00 – 8:00 PM on Monday, September 30. Only Jesuit students and their parents are allowed to attend, which gives you the opportunity to fully explore the schools you’re interested in. Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores are strongly encouraged to attend.
- The Freshman Retreat will take place this Saturday at Jesuit High School. Freshman are asked to check in at the back of the auditorium starting at 1:45pm. The dress code of the retreat is casual. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office Room 225.
- Juniors and Seniors: If you are considering one of the military academies, you should attend the information session being held in our area this Saturday, Sept. 28. More details can be found on Canvas.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15 are due on Tuesday, Oct. 1. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Seniors: Fordham University is holding interviews for interested seniors at Jesuit on Wednesday, October 2. The sign-up sheet is outside Guidance in between Rooms 242 and 240. If you are planning on applying to Fordham, we stronglyrecommend you sign up. If all the spots are taken and you did not get one, talk to Ms. Timberlake or Ms. Hoodless. See your college counselor or Ms. Joan with any questions.
- Admission representatives from University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University in Baton Rouge will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- The Intramural dodgeball play-off brackets will be posted at 10-minute break outside Room 114. Games will resume tomorrow during lunch.
- Top’s tip of the day: Treating others with dignity means you treat them justly and with equality.