Announcements for Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Today is Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- The varsity football team will open up district play vs. Brother Martin on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday in the student commons during lunch and also on Thursday at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Join Campus Ministry for the opening of the Non Nobis Domine Speaker Series during lunch this Friday in St. Ignatius Hall. Our guest is Brian Greenfield, a nationally recognized Catholic speaker, who will present on the topic, “Brotherhood and Christ: Strength at the Service of Others.” The presentation will begin at the start of lunch with a break at the start of second half. All are invited to attend.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Star Wars club will meet today during the first half of lunch in room 331. No droids allowed.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office with questions.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and Thursday during the second half of lunch in the Commons near the Bookstore.
- The Academic Games team will compete in the final round of the Propaganda tournament this afternoon at Brother Martin at 4:00.
- The Table Tennis Team will hold tryouts today after school outside Room 407. See Mr. Webre for more information.
- The swimming team will face Brother Martin in a dual meet tonight at UNO starting at 6:30.
- The newly formed Business and Government Club will hold an informational meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- Anyone interested in playing 8th, 9th, JV, or Varsity soccer this year will meet tomorrow at the beginning of lunch on the Solomon St. steps of the auditorium.
- All Pre-Freshmen interested in participating in Brother Martin’s Middle School Math Competition on Saturday, Oct. 5, should attend an informational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330. See Mrs. Merritt if you have any questions.
- The Freshman Retreat will take place this Saturday at Jesuit High School. Freshman are asked to check in at the back of the auditorium starting at 1:45pm. The dress code of the retreat is casual. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225.
- NHS Induction practice will be held tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium. All new inductees are required to attend.
- All new NHS members should check the lists outside of Rooms 218 and 414. If your name is highlighted, you are eligible for induction this year. Any ineligible students who think they should be eligible must see Mr. Ferguson or Mr. Chapoton by the end of school today.
- Over 80 colleges will be available at Jesuit’s college fair from 6:00 – 8:00 PM on Monday, Sept. 30. Only Jesuit students and their parents are allowed to attend, which gives you the opportunity to fully explore the schools you’re interested in. Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Seniors: Election for Homecoming Court will remains open on CANVAS through lunch today.
- An admission representative from University of Notre Dame will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Cameras are everywhere -what are you doing when your picture is being taken and you don’t know it is.