Announcements for Friday, September 20, 2019
Today is Friday, September 20, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The varsity football team will host Helen Cox tonight at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale ticket prices are $7.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on today during lunch in the student commons. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- The Polish Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- The Astronomy Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meets today during the second half of lunch in Room 311.
- The field games club will meet today during lunch on the back field. All student are invited to participate.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a topic meeting today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Please return completed commitment forms to the Guidance Department.
- The Music Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 210.
- Biotechnology Club members are asked to turn in their dues no later than next Friday to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society’s production of The Importance of Being Earnest will run tonight at 7:30 and tomorrow at 2:00 and 7:30. Pre-sale tickets are $5 for students and $10 for adults. They can be purchased in the Phils’ office (Room 201) everyday at lunch.
- Paintball club outing scheduled for Saturday has been postponed for a later date.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Dominican/Holy Cross Invitational on Saturday morning at City Park starting at 9:10. The junior high race begins at 8:05, while the JV runs at 9:45.
- The Jesuit community, including students, is invited to rally together for the final 100 days of the Minds and Hearts Enlightened Campaign this Monday at 7:00 pm in the Benson Arena. The event will feature the dedication of a statue of St. Ignatius in the name of the current student body.
- The Gaming Society will meet today after school in the Commons.
- Top’s tip of the day: Having School spirit is one thing – showing it is another.
- The Jesuit swim team dominated their kickoff meet in the birdbath this past Saturday. The Jays blew away the competition, winning every event in the meet. Leading the force were seniors Joel Guerra and Ryan Danna and juniors Gavin Langston and Phillip Endom.