Announcements for Thursday, September 19, 2019
Today is Thursday, September 19, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- The varsity football team will host Helen Cox tomorrow night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale ticket prices are $7.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on today and tomorrow during lunch in the student commons. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Model UN Team members need to turn in their registration forms and money to Mr. Trosclair today in Room 205.
- Students interested in participating in the Gaming Society, a club whose focus will be role-playing games, board games, and video games, should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Pro Life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The golf team will face Holy Cross this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The field games club will host activities tomorrow during lunch on the back field. All student are invited to participate.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a topic meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Please return completed commitment forms to the Guidance Department.
- The Music Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 210.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society’s production of The Importance of Being Earnest will run this Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 2:00 and 7:30. Pre-sale tickets are $5 for students and $10 for adults. They can be purchased in the Phils’ office (Room 201) everyday at lunch.
- Sophomores who scheduled their day of service for this Saturday should check canvas for important details and permission forms.
- The Blood Center will be here on Friday, Sept. 27, for a blood drive. Any student interested in donating blood should sign up this week during lunch in the Commons. You must be 16 years old to donate.
- Any new National Honor Society members who have not submitted their dues, their application packet, and their Induction RSVP form by the end of school this Friday will not be inducted into NHS. All three items are prerequisites for induction. To confirm that you have submitted all necessary materials, consult the membership list, which has been posted outside of the English office (Room 218) and the Classics office (Room 414).
- All NHS members should consider signing up to work at the Jesuit College Fair (Monday, September 30) and the Good Shepherd School’s “Dancing with the Stars” fundraiser (Saturday, September 28). Sign-up sheets for both events have been posted outside Mr. Ferguson’s and Mr. Chapoton’s offices. The sign-up deadline is this Friday at 3 p.m.
- An admission representative from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale will be available today during lunch in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Over the counter medication and prescription medications are to be dispensed by the Discipline Office.