Announcements for Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Today is Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- The varsity football team will host Helen Cox on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale ticket prices are $7.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday during lunch in the student commons. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Runoff Election for 8th Grade President will continue through lunch today on Canvas. Room 213 will be available at lunch for voting.
- Juniors and Seniors applying for the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice must submit their applications today. Please see Mr. McCabe in Rm 301 with any concerns.
- Model UN Team members need to turn in their registration forms and money to Mr. Trosclair tomorrow in Room 205.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 122.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The French Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 318.
- The Classics Society will hold a brief organizational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 413. New tutors are welcome.
- The Star Wars club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. The Moss Eisley Cantina band will be performing their greatest hits.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Fishing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students attending the St. Paul’s Mu Alpha Theta Tournament this Saturday will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330. Please speak with Mrs. Brauner or Mrs. Merritt if you cannot attend.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Spanish Club will meet today after school in the Commons.
- Did you hear about the Chess player who became so Board of the puns that he was having Knight-mares? Help calm him down at today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 in Room 332.
- The golf team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The 8th grade football team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Students interested in participating in the Gaming Society, a club whose focus will be role-playing games, board games, and video games, should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society’s production of The Importance of Being Earnest will run this Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 2:00 and 7:30. Pre-sale tickets are $5 for students and $10 for adults. They can be purchased in the Phils’ office (Room 201) everyday at lunch.
- Balfour will be on campus to service and resize senior rings today during lunch in the Commons.
- The Blood Center will be here on Friday, Sept. 27, for a blood drive. Any student interested in donating blood should sign up this week during lunch in the Commons. You must be 16 years old to donate.
- Seniors, college application workshops are this week. College counselors will be available in CL-3 tomorrow from 7-7:45 before school and from 3-3:45 after school. Stop by with any questions you may have.
- An admission representative from Drexel University in Philadelphia will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: You are responsible for your actions on and off campus, this also includes social media.