Announcements for Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Today is Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- Do you want to learn to sail? The Sailing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 203. New and Returning sailors should attend. You do not have to have sailing experience to join the sailing club.
- The Theme Park Enthusiasts Club will have an organizational meeting today during lunch in Computer Lab 3. New members are welcome.
- The first meeting of the Jesuit Literature Club will be today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and Thursday during the second half of lunch in the Commons by the bookstore.
- Any 9th or 10th graders interested in playing basketball this year must meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 210. Nominations will be taken for officer positions at this meeting.
- All students participating in the Bowling Club must meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 304 to submit all remaining paperwork and finalize teams for the season.
- Students interested in joining the Biotechnology Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin if you have questions.
- All Pre-Freshmen and Freshmen interested in participating in math competitions during this school year should meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330. See Mrs. Merritt for any questions.
- Spanish Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 320. New members and new ideas are welcome.
- The Ping Pong Club will play for the first time tomorrow after school outside Room 407. All students are welcome.
- All new National Honor Society members must bring dues to Mr. Ferguson or Mr. Chapoton by this Friday. Dues are $20 (cash only) and should be enclosed in an envelope with your name on it.
- The varsity football team will play at St. Paul’s on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday in the Commons during lunch and on Thursday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30 p.m. If you plan to attend the game, please purchase pre-sale tickets as Jesuit retains all ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day in support of the football as they travel to St. Paul’s. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt; or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Seniors are reminded that their service project essays and evaluations are due tomorrow by the end of the day. See Canvas for details.
- An admission representative from Rice University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Members of all teams who signed up for intramural dodgeball should report tomorrow during the first half of lunch to the third floor of the Roussell Building for a rules clinic. Students should enter the rear of the Roussell Building from the Banks St. parking lot. Teams must attend in order to play in the league. Schedules will be distributed at the meeting.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you feel tempted to cheat…don’t.