Announcements for Friday, September 6, 2019
Today is Friday, September 6, 2019
Assembly Order #2, Day 3
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 1:10.
- Today we have an assembly period from 11:30 – 12:30. While the seniors are rehearsing for ring mass, the rest of the student body will attend special assemblies. Pre-Freshmen, Freshmen, Sophomores, and their fourth period teachers should report to the auditorium for a guidance assembly. Representatives from the Sudden Impact Program, Bridget Gardner, R.N. and Sergeant Melissa Matey, will address the students on the dangers associated with vaping. Juniors and their fourth period teachers should report to the Commons for a guidance assembly. Students will be addressed by Ms.Timberlake, Mrs. Hoodless, and Mrs. Yelton on the college planning process.
- Any students who need to pick up money from used book sales should do so today in Room 235.
- All new applicants to the National Honor Society should check Canvas today to learn whether or not they’ve been admitted. If you have been admitted, accept the Canvas invitation by Monday.
- Paintball club is having its first outing on Saturday, Sept. 21. Sign up to play and join in the fun. No experience necessary. Forms may be picked up outside the ROTC office or see Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno.
- All Sodality levels should report to the 3rd floor chapel at the beginning of the lunch period today. Jambalaya will be served afterward.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203. New members are welcome.
- The Debate Team will host tryouts for interested students today after school in Room 116.
- The varsity football team will open its season at Terrebonne tonight with kickoff at 7:00 p.m. Admission is $8.00 for adults, students and children.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Mt. Carmel Invitational on Saturday at City Park starting at 9:35. The junior high race begins at 10:05, while the JV competition starts at 10:30.
- The Senior Ring Dance is tomorrow evening at Magnolia Plantation from 9:00pm – midnight. Dress code is semi-formal attire. Tickets go on sale tomorrow in the Student Council office before school and during lunch. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- The Art Club will meet Monday during the first half of lunch in Room 203. Students interested in drawing are welcome to attend.
- Juniors who were unable to attend the College Info Night on Wednesday should come to the Guidance Office by the end of the day on Tuesday to pick up the handouts from the program.
- Intramural dodgeball team forms are due today.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you don’t know what Blue Jay Spirit is about – ask a senior.