Announcements for Thursday, September 5, 2019
Today is Thursday, September 5, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Co-curricular Rush Days will wrap up today during lunch in the Commons. Club exhibits will be set up in the Commons during lunch through Thursday. Students are invited to come and see what clubs they’d like to join. Club assignments can be found here: Rush Days 2019.
- Tomorrow, Sept. 6, is an Assembly Order #2, with an assembly period from 11:30 – 12:30. While the seniors are rehearsing for ring mass, the rest of the student body will attend special assemblies. Pre-Freshmen, Freshmen, Sophomores, and their fourth period teachers should report to the auditorium for a guidance assembly. Representatives from the Sudden Impact Program, Bridget Gardner, R.N. and Sergeant Melissa Matey, will address the students on the dangers associated with vaping. Juniors and their fourth period teachers should report to the Commons for a guidance assembly. Students will be addressed by Ms.Timberlake, Mrs. Hoodless, and Mrs. Yelton on the college planning process.
- Any students who need to pick up money from used book sales should do so by tomorrow in Room 235.
- The swimming team opens its season this afternoon vs. Mandeville and St. Paul’s at Franco’s starting at 4:00.
- The 9th grade football team opens its season this afternoon at Chalmette starting at 4:30.
- All Mu Alpha Theta returning members should turn in blue registration forms to Room 328 by Friday. Members interested in attending the St. Paul’s Tournament on Sept. 21 should sign up on the bulletin board outside of Room 328 by Friday.
- The Debate Team will host tryouts for interested students on Friday after school in Room 116.
- The varsity football team will open its season at Terrebonne on Friday night with kickoff at 7:00 p.m. Admission is $8.00 for adults, students and children. Pre-sale tickets will not be available for purchase for this non-district contest.
- The Senior Ring Dance is this Saturday at Magnolia Plantation from 9:00pm – midnight. Dress code is semi-formal attire. Tickets go on sale tomorrow in the Student Council office before school and during lunch. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- An admission representative from Loyola University New Orleans will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Intramural dodgeball team forms are due this Friday. Pick up forms outside Room 114. Dodgeball is open to students in 9th-12th grades. Students can form their own teams and the cost is $10 per team.
- Top’s tip of the day: Water bottles are to be put in lockers or book bags not carried around.