Announcements for Thursday, August 29, 2019
Today is Thursday, August 29, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- Jesuit is under attack! The demogorgon is taking over, but the strongest Blue Jays will have one last chance to defeat him. Stop the demorgorgon by beating him in a jousting match today during lunch in the courtyard.
- The big brother/little brother jambalaya lunch, sponsored by the Office of Institutional Advancement, will be held today during lunch in the Commons. Big brothers should coordinate with their little brothers to meet in Traditions Courtyard at the beginning of lunch and then proceed to line up in the Commons near the bookstore.
- We will celebrate the Mass of the Holy Spirit tomorrow morning. After homeroom, we will convene in the Benson Arena for a special assembly before proceeding to the chapel for Mass. We expect to dismiss that morning at some point around 9:45-10:00 am. The eighth graders will remain after Mass for their retreat that will dismiss at 2:00 p.m. All students must wear coat and tie tomorrow for the Mass of the Holy Spirit.
- Any students who need to pick up money from used book sales should do so in Room 235 by tomorrow.
- Students who need to retake or makeup book day pictures can do so tomorrow after Mass of the Holy Spirit in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Anyone interested in joining the wrestling team should attend an informational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 323
- All returning members of the varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- Students in all grade levels who are interested in Ochsner’s STEM Ambassadors program, a new program for high school students who will be trained to provide educational outreach in the community as an experiment leader in health sciences, should see their guidance counselor for more information. Interested students must turn 14 by Oct. 1 to participate in this program.
- Seniors: The application to be nominated for the Belk (Davidson), Levine (UNC-Charlotte), Jefferson (UVA), Stamps (U of Florida), and Presidential (Villanova) scholarships is due on Tuesday, September 3 by 3:30 PM to Room 244. If you are interested, the application can be found in your college counseling class on Canvas. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
Seniors who are interested in competing for the US Senate Youth Program must submit an application to the Guidance Office by 3:30 pm on Tuesday, September 3rd. Competitive applicants must be actively serving in a leadership position and be interested in pursuing a career in public service. The application for consideration can be found in your college counseling class in Canvas.
- An admission representative from University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- This year the intramural sports program will open with a new sport: dodgeball. Intramural dodgeball will be open to 9th-12th grade teams. Student may form their own teams. The registration fee is $10 per team. Registration forms can be picked up today outside Room 114 and are due next week. Games will be played in Benson Arena during the first half of lunch and will start in September.
- Top’s tip of the day: Allowing someone to copy your work is not being a man for others.