Alumni Great American Cook-off Registration
As part of the Jesuit vs. Holy Cross Great American Rivalry game, Jesuit’s advancement office hosts a pre-game tailgate party for alumni, parents, and students. The event is scheduled for Friday, October 4, this year on Roosevelt Mall outside Tad Gormley Stadium from 4 – 6:30 p.m. Alumni classes of all ages are invited to participate in the cook-off.
Space is limited to the first 15 teams. REGISTER YOUR TEAM NOW!
- A class may have only one team whose chefs must be members of the class represented.
- Each team will select its own food item/dish.
- Each team will purchase, prepare, cook, and serve their dish. The advancement office will give each class $200 as startup money.
- Each team should be prepared to serve at least 150 people.
Cooking & Serving
- Each team will be assigned a prep/cooking/service location. Teams are responsible for setting up their own 10’ x 10’ tent for serving. Jesuit will provide one serving table per team.
- Teams may arrive at 12 p.m. to begin their preparation.
- Each team should be prepared to serve at 4:00 p.m.
- Each team is responsible for all elements of their service: food, paper products, utensils, etc.
- Each team is expected to break down and clean up their service area by 7:15 p.m.
- No motor vehicles are allowed on the grounds.
- Alcohol may not be served to anyone. No alcohol can be visible during the cooking or serving.
- Open-flame cooking must be at least 10’ from the service area.
- This year the winner of the cook-off will be determined by a vote of the people.
- The winning class/team will be announced in the stadium at the end of the 1st Quarter.