Announcements for Thursday, August 22, 2019
Today is Thursday, August 22, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- All Prefreshmen are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. You are to enter using the Solomon Street entrance. You may bring your book bags.
The Back to School Dance will be held this Saturday from 7-10 pm in Benson Arena. Admission is $10 at the door.
- The bookstore will be open everyday this week from 6:45 to 7:45 am, during 10 minute break, both halves of lunch, and after school until 4:30. Students who did not attend book days should be in line at 6:45 or wait until after school to go to the bookstore to complete their registration, get textbooks, and pay fees.
- The Polish Society will hold an executive meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- Student Ministry will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Seniors and Juniors interested in joining Student Ministry are invited to attend. See Mr. Flores or Fr. Dyer with any questions.
- Think you’re the next James Holzhauer? Try out for the Varsity Quiz Bowl team today during the second half of lunch in Room 411.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Any 9th through 12th grader interested in trying out for the varsity golf team should meet today at 3:10 pm in Room 132.
- The varsity football team will scrimmage McDonogh #35 this afternoon at Tad Gormley starting at 5:00 p.m. Admission is $5.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $1.00 each for students (participating schools) and children (ages 6-11).
- All 2019 bowling, baseball, golf, tennis, and track and field lettermen should report tomorrow during lunch to Room 313 for lettermen jacket and stripe distribution.
- The Nola Trash Mob will be picking up litter in the neighborhoods surrounding Jesuit on Saturday morning starting at 9 a.m. Any students interested in helping out should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
All returning members of the National Honor Society must accept the invitation to the NHS Canvas page in order to participate in this year’s activities. The deadline for accepting this invitation is this Friday. All National Honor Society applications are due the following Friday, August 30. Please submit applications to Mr. Ferguson in Room 218 or Mr. Chapoton in Room 414.
The National Honor Society recycling program will recommence today in Room 120 at 3 p.m. All current NHS members who wish to participate should report to Room 120 after school.
- All 8th and 9th grade football players not playing on the varsity team should meet today during the first half of lunch and tomorrow after school in Room 231.
- Seniors and Juniors interested in reading at Mass should sign up this week outside of the Campus Ministry Office.
- Seniors interested in leading a Kairos retreat this year should pick up an application from the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225. Applications are due this Friday. See Mr. Flores if you have any questions.
- All seniors must update Mr. Murphy on their service project today by the end of the day. See Canvas for the update form.
- Seniors who are using legacy rings for Ring Mass should turn them in to Room 114 by next Friday.
- Any juniors or seniors who would like to serve on the intramural sports leadership team this year should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 114.
- Top’s tip of the day: It’s your book bag be responsible for it. Do not leave it unattended.