Announcements for Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Today is Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- 9th-12th Grade Students interested in becoming a Student Council Homeroom Representative should be prepared to take part in homeroom elections tomorrow. Homeroom teachers will be given election instructions. 8th Grade Homerooms will elect their representatives in September.
The Back to School Dance will be held this Saturday from 7-10 pm in Benson Arena. Admission is $10 at the door.
- The bookstore will be open everyday this week from 6:45 to 7:45 am, during 10 minute break, both halves of lunch, and after school until 4:30. Students who did not attend book days should be in line at 6:45 or wait until after school to go to the bookstore to complete their registration, get textbooks, and pay fees.
- All Sodality levels, freshmen through senior, will meet today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Polish Society will hold an executive meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- Student Ministry will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Seniors and Juniors interested in joining Student Ministry are invited to attend. See Mr. Flores or Fr. Dyer with any questions.
- The Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 120.
- Any 9th through 12th grader interested in trying out for the varsity golf team should meet tomorrow at 3:10 pm in Room 132.
- The varsity football team will scrimmage McDonogh #35 tomorrow afternoon at Tad Gormley starting at 5:00 p.m. Admission is $5.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $1.00 each for students (participating schools) and children (ages 6-11).
All returning members of the National Honor Society must accept the invitation to the NHS Canvas page in order to participate in this year’s activities. The deadline for accepting this invitation is this Friday. All National Honor Society applications are due the following Friday, August 30. Please submit applications to Mr. Ferguson in Room 218 or Mr. Chapoton in Room 414.
- Seniors and Juniors interested in reading at Mass should sign up this week outside of the Campus Ministry Office.
- Seniors interested in leading a Kairos retreat this year should pick up an application from the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225. Applications are due this Friday. See Mr. Flores if you have any questions.
- All seniors must update Mr. Murphy on their service project tomorrow by the end of the day. See Canvas for the update form.
- Top’s tip of the day: Jewelry, such as neck chains, earrings, wrist bands, etc are not acceptable at school or at any school function.