Announcements for Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Today is Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Phils’ production of Into the Woods continues with performances tomorrow at 6:30, Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 2:00 and 7:30. See what happens when the Wolf (senior Scott Hawkins) meets Little Red (Patrick Taylor freshman Emma Potts) and her Granny (Isidore Newmann senior Camille Patton). Advanced Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults.
- Class Level President nomination forms may be picked up outside of Student Council Office, Room 113, or from Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office. Completed forms are due tomorrow.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students attending the Mu Alpha Theta State Convention in Baton Rouge on Thursday will meet today in Room 332 during the second half of lunch.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in the chapel. All other levels will meet in their usual rooms.
- The Homeroom Tug-a-War Contest will continue today during the second half of lunch in the Courtyard with the sophomore class. Tomorrow the juniors will compete.
- Why did the Chess player place his knight on top of his rook? He thought he was playing Fort-Knight! For this and other fun-filled facets of Chess, please attend today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 in Room 332.
The JV baseball team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:30.
The 8th grade baseball team will begin play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament at John Ryan Stadium this afternoon hosting Rummel at 4:30 p.m.
- The St. Peter Claver Club welcomes former Jesuit Alumnus of the Year – Dooky Chase, III – as the final guest in this year’s Lunchtime Speaker Series tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Chase will speak on a variety of topics including his family restaurant’s role in the Civil Rights Movement. This event is open to all interested Blue Jays.
- Any student who expressed interest in being a cheerleader next year will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 311.
- This weekend, the Rugby team will be playing in the Louisiana State Championship against the Bayou Hurricanes at Shaw High School with kickoff set for 4:00 p.m. following the NOLA Gold game.
- National Honor Society is now accepting nominations for officers for next school year. Please go to canvas and download the nomination form. Forms must be turned in no later than Friday, April 12. Elections will take place April 15 – 17. Turn forms in to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Attention Juniors working Operation Upgrade as your service project this summer, there will be a meeting today in Room 304 during first lunch.
- An admission representative from University of Alabama will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Showing respect at our school isn’t an option – it’s required.