Announcements for Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Today is Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Mass Day Order, Day 6
The Mission Drive to benefit the Santa Rosa Missions begins this week. Homerooms are asked to drop off all donations to the principal’s office on Thursday after homeroom.
Student Ministry and Sodality are hosting the 2019 FIFA Tournament to benefit the Mission Drive. Bidding for teams begins Wednesday at lunch in the Commons and will conclude Thursday at the end of lunch. See Cole Lacour or Gus Bongiovanni with any questions. Tournament play will begin next week.
- On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays during Lent pizza will be sold during the first half of lunch in the Commons to benefit the Mission Drive. Pizzas will be sold at $ 10.00 a box or $ 2.00 a slice.
Juniors attending the April 5-7 Kairos should meet today at the start of lunch in Room 225. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- Mardi Gras beads for St. Michael’s will be collected through the end of this week. Place beads in the bin outside the library.
- The General student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Candidates for next year’s Executive Board will have a campaign meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 112. Nomination forms are due at this meeting.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will have practice today at White Sands Courts in Elmwood from 4:30-6:00. See Mr. Genovese after school today in the Guidance Office for further details.
The varsity baseball team will open district play tonight at John Ryan Stadium hosting Brother Martin with first pitch set for 6:30.
The tennis team will face Holy Cross this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- The Disc Golf Club will play on Wednesday at 3:30 in City Park.
- This Friday school will dismiss at 1:04 p.m. to allow for preparation for the Bazaar.
- Students interested in taking AP Exams should pick up necessary paperwork in the Guidance Office by the end of the week. The registration deadline for AP Exams is Monday, April 1.
- Any student who has not picked up their 2018 yearbook may do so during the lunch period from the yearbook office in Room 406.
- Top’s tip of the day: All uniform and grooming standards must be met at all times.
Special Bazaar Announcements:
- Raffle tickets can be turned in today during lunch at the volunteer office, Room 126. Prizes for selling raffle tickets include a reserved parking space and a gift card to Best Buy. To be eligible for prizes, including Raffle Ticket Holiday, raffle tickets must be turned in this Friday by 3 pm.
- Team Photo Picture signing day is today during lunch in the hall next to the bookstore. The Team Photos will be auctioned at the Bazaar.
- Bazaar T-Shirts will be sold in the Commons every day this week at lunch. T-shirts are $10 each.
- Sign up with with your homeroom for the Homeroom Volleyball Tournament on Bazaar Saturday. The deadline to sign up is tomorrow.
- Check in at the Bazaar Welcome Tent to receive a coupon for free French Fries and enter the hourly drawing. $25 will be given away every hour to a current student. Winner needs to be present. If the winner is not present, the money rolls to the next drawing to increase the prize money.