Announcements for Friday, March 1, 2019
Today is Friday, March 1, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- Adoration of the blessed sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The varsity basketball team will host Catholic in the quarterfinal round of the Division 1 state playoffs tonight in the gym with tip off set for 7:00 p.m. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Catholic and Jesuit students with ID. Season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- Freshmen and Sophomores may pick up their 2018 yearbooks during the lunch period today in Room 132. Any Juniors and Seniors who did not pick up their book yesterday may do so today as well.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Herpetology club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The varsity baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament this afternoon vs. Hammond with first pitch set for 3:30. On Saturday morning the team will conclude tourney play hosting De La Salle at 10:00. Both games will be played at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Blue Jay Rugby Team will face the Bayou Hurricanes tomorrow with kickoff set for 10:00 at the Raceland Field.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Being involved unlawful activity is a major offense.
- This Past Saturday, the Blue Jay Rugby Team defeated the New Orleans Barbarians, 57-3. Senior David Childs was named man of the match.
- The BlueJayVs, Jesuit’s Junior Varsity baseball team, won one game and tied another in their season-opening two-game series versus Brother Martin. In the first game, this past Monday, Carson Miller smashed a first-pitch fastball into a two-run triple to the right-center field gap with two outs in the bottom of the last inning to force a 5-5 tie in the time-limited contest. Ryan Porsche and Michael Britsch provided excellent relief pitching to allow room for the BlueJayV comeback. In the second contest, this past Wednesday, Hayden Morris knocked a first-inning three-run double deep into the left-field corner to spot the BlueJayVs a 4-0 lead. Carson Miller was the winning pitcher, and Jack Larriviere, with the Crusader tying and winning runs on second and third, struck out the last two batters of the game to save the 4-3 victory.
- Over the last two weeks, the Bowling Team reestablished their winning streak by handily defeating both Pearl River and Salmen. Against Pearl River, senior Alex O’Neil led the charge with a season high game of 258, and sophomore Ben Hunn supported with a 221 game. Against Salmen, senior Jake Stiegler was the consistent leader averaging 201, while Hunn and senior Adam Francis assisted with games of 219 and 214, respectively. Congrats Blue Jay bowlers!