Announcements for Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Today is Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch inRoom 329.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- All 8th grade basketball players should return their game uniform and practice gear to Coach Murphy today at the start of lunch in Room 225.
- The Polish Society will have an organizational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- The anime club will meet today at 3:00 in Room 120 to continue watching the series ‘Erased’. New members are welcome.
The varsity basketball team will play at Brother Martin tonight with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
The varsity baseball team will scrimmage Hahnville at Kirsch-Rooney this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Dutchtown in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs this evening starting at 7:00. Admission is $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for students with ID.
- The Disc Golf Club will play tomorrow at 3:30 in City Park.
- This Thursday, the undefeated Jesuit Bowling team (6-0) will face off against Brother Martin, the 3-year reigning state champs and only other undefeated team in our region. For this Valentine’s Day showdown, we need the Gizzard’s support to ensure we send the Crusaders home with a broken heart. The match runs from 3:20-5:15pm at Brother Martin’s home bowling alley, Colonial Lanes in Harahan. There will be a spirit bus leaving promptly after school to transport students to and from the match. Forms for the Spirit Bus can be picked up in Room 114 and are due tomorrow.
- Forms and fees for 8th grade gym night are due this Thursday to Room 114.
- Jesuit’s annual Service Fair will be held tomorrow during the lunch period in the second floor hallway. Roughly 15 organizations that serve the homeless, disabled, sick, and poor will be on campus to share information about their programs. All students are encouraged to attend, but especially juniors in need of a service project.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Honesty is a good trait to have.