Announcements for Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Today is Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Winter Clothes Drive continues through next Friday, Jan. 25. Remember to bring in any winter clothes or clean socks and underwear and place them in the bins around school.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Fishing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- All members of the Jazz band ensemble who played on WWOZ will rehearse today during the first half of lunch in the band room.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in the 2nd floor chapel. All other levels will meet in their regular locations.
- The anime club will meet today after school in Room 120 to discuss which anime they will watch in future meetings. New members are welcome.
- Don’t be square — join the bishops and be diagonal at this afternoon’s Chess Club meeting after school in Room 332.
- The 8th grade soccer team will host Brother Martin this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:00. The 9th grade game begins at 5:10, while the JV game follows at 6:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will play at Newman this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 311.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch A Quiet Place.
- The Spanish Club will meet after school in Room 320.
- The Philelectic Society will be holding auditions for “Into the Woods” on January 21 & 22, 2019, from 5:30 – 8:30PM in the Jesuit Auditorium. Underclassmen are encouraged to audition for the ensemble. You must be prepared to sing. You must bring sheet music if you’re not singing a song from the show. It is mandatory that you complete an audition form, available in the Phils office, Room 201, or go to jesuitnola.org/phils.
- All students must register with the Selective Service System by their 18th Birthday. Registration is quick and easy. The website is WWW.SSS.GOV. If you have questions, see Mr. Schiro in the Guidance Office.
On Monday, the Jesuit Bowling Team started off their season with a 20 to 7 victory over Rummel. The team was lead by sophomore Ben Hunn who averaged 210 and had a high game of 257, senior Alex O’Neil who averaged 213 and had a high game of 249, freshman Luke Wood who averaged 216 and had a high game of 264, and senior Jake Stiegler who averaged 227 and had a high game of 266. Congratulations Blue Jay bowlers on an outstanding start to the season.