Announcements for Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Today is Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- During the second semester, Jesuit will continue to serve breakfast to the homeless on the first and third Wednesday of every month. The next opportunity to participate is next Wednesday, Jan. 16. See Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will have its first meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 210. New members are welcome on the Calliope staff. We will be discussing staff duties and the election of editors. See Mr. Bowes or Mr. Wyss for more information.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Sophomores will meet in the chapel. All other grade levels will meet in their regular locations.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- Any 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students interested in trying out for the 2019 varsity football team must attend an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in room 329. See Coach Songy if you have any questions.
If you are dazed by knights, the Chess Club will convene this afternoon at 3:00 p.m. in Room 332.
The varsity wrestling team will face Brother Martin in a dual meet tonight at Brother Martin starting at 6:30.
The varsity soccer team will host Ben Franklin this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. The JV game follows at 7:00.
The 9th grade basketball team will host Hahnville this evening in the gym starting at 5:30. The JV game follows at 6:30.
The 8th grade basketball team will face Rummel tonight at John Curtis starting at 6:30.
- Top’s tip of the day: Uniform and grooming must be followed at all times.