Announcements for Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Today is Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- All members of the Jazz band ensemble who played on WWOZ will meet today during the first half of lunch in the band room.
- Model UN will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- All members of this year’s JV and Varsity tennis teams will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Academic Games team will compete in the first round of the Presidents tournament today at 4:00 in the cafeteria. Please see Mr. Holmer if you cannot attend.
The varsity basketball team will host Holy Cross tonight in the gym with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45 while the 9th grade starts at 4:30.
- The Gizzard theme for tonight’s basketball game against Holy Cross will be a Blue Out.
The 8th grade basketball team will play at Boyet Jr. High this evening starting at 6:00.
The varsity soccer team will face Haynes tonight at Joe Yenni starting at 6:00.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will have its first meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210. New members are welcome on the Calliope staff. We will be discussing staff duties and the election of editors. See Mr. Bowes or Mr. Wyss for more information.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Any 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students interested in trying out for the 2019 varsity football team must attend an informational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in room 329. See Coach Songy if you have any questions.
- The Academic Support Program will begin again on Monday, Jan. 14, in Room 304.
- Senior mugs and Nalgene bottles will be handed out this week in the Student Council Office during lunch.
- Top’s tip of the day: Speaking to someone you have not spoken to may make your day and theirs.